ONLINE LANGUAGE TRAINER CERTIFICATE COURSE
accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management, ILM, approved by the Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht, ZFU
To equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to:
- effectively use CMC (Computer Mediated Communication) software.
- be able to provide basic technical support needed by first time users of CMC as a training and education medium.
- enable participants to critically analyse the effectiveness of various forms of language teaching software.
- deliver effective language learning using Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL).
- plan, design and deliver CMC based language training.
Successful students will be able to achieve the following:
> More information
- Have a good understanding of the differences between face to face and CMC tutoring skills.
- Effectively use CMC software to deliver language training.
- Have a good understanding of advantages and disadvantages teaching and learning a language online.
- Facilitate discussion and collaborative learning through CMC
- Use a variety of online language training methods supporting language learning online.
- Identify good language software following defined criteria.
- Give advice on useful language software.
- Demonstrate how to integrate language software adequately into online training.
- Recognise and develop strategies for effectively dealing with problems typically encountered.
- Produce a pilot CMC based language training module.