ONLINE COURSE DEVELOPMENT
Creating and Experiencing Different OnLine Methods
The aim of the course is to permit participants to explore and experience various methods of stimulating online learning.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- list various techniques that may be used to enhance online learning
- demonstrate the ability to select an appropriate method to achieve a given learning objective
- create a workable online activity
- list online activities that test students’ knowledge
- explain the benefits of using a variety of online activities.
During this course participants will be exposed to different kinds of online activities. By undertaking such exercises they will be able to experience and evaluate the effectiveness of using different online methods. Working collaboratively, participants will be expected to share ideas and to work towards the conversion of various face-to-face activities into successful online events.
Pre-course knowledge requirement
The course is designed for people who have already undertaken an online trainers/ educators course. The course is meant to add to existing skills. It will not cover the basics of online delivery.
Each student must have:
- access to a computer with internet connection
- access to a printer (recommended)
- a soundcard (highly recommended)
5 weeks online(there will be no face- to- face elements on this course). It is anticipated that people spend about 5 hours a week in total on this course.
For those who have not previously studied in the Abacus Virtual College an additional introductory week will be available prior to the start of the course. The cost of this week will be included as part of the course fee.
Course Dates (subject to changes):
April 25 - May 30, 2005
September 05 - October 10, 2005
Further information via email from:
Christel Schneider, Dipl.-Päd.
Abacus Learning Systems
15, Acacia Park, Bishop's Cleeve,
Cheltenham, Glos GL52 7WH UK
+49 (0) 40 647 63 93 (D)
+ 44 8700 78 05 19 (UK)
+49 (0) 40 647 79 09 (D)
+44 8700 780520 (UK)